By Daria Solovieva, Bloomberg
QInvest’s Shariah-compliant real estate fund has $15m initial assets, may grow to $100m in 12 mos, said Ataf Ahmed, head of asset management at the Doha-based investment bank, in an interview on Sept. 30.
* QInvest starts QInvest Pramerica Liquid Real Estate Fund in partnership with Pramerica Real Estate Investors, the real estate investment management business of Prudential Financial
* Fund to invest in high-yielding Islamic real estate investment trusts and other real estate-related securities
* “There is an increasing number of investors looking to diversify away from their immediate home mkts. In the Gulf Cooperation Council, we’re seeing a reduced level of confidence within local mkts in the short-term:” Ahmed
* Fund has global strategy focusing on U.S., Europe and Asia
* NOTE: Qatar Wealth Fund Backs Apollo Commercial REIT in U.S. Expansion