Seminars to encourage university students to enrol in finance major
More than 20% increase, compared to 2013, in the number of students enrolling in finance post QInvest's seminars
QInvest, Qatar's leading investment bank and one of the most prominent Islamic financial institutions in the world, is delighted to announce that it was named Qatar’s Best Investment Bank at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2014. This marked the third year in a row that QInvest received the award.
Tamim Hamad Al-Kawari, QInvest’s Chief Executive Officer, collected the award on behalf of the bank at the Euromoney Middle East Awards dinner, held at the Shangri-La Hotel in Dubai, UAE.
Qatar's years of double-digit gross domestic product (GDP) growth may be over but the story behind the country's current, if slower, economic performance is no less impressive. While a self-imposed moratorium on gas developments in the giant North Field looks set to continue until at least 2015, the government has acted swiftly to stimulate the Gulf country's nascent non-hydrocarbon private sector to achieve sustainable growth.
• QInvest invested US$135 million in GCC real estate in the last 18 months
• QInvest to participate in Cityscape Qatar Real Estate Summit
• Craig Cowie to talk about market drivers, dynamics, and opportunities in the real estate sector
QInvest, Qatar’s leading investment bank and one of the prominent financial institutions, won three titles from The Asset Triple A Islamic Finance Awards 2014. The Asset named QInvest as “Best Sukuk House, Qatar”, “Best Islamic Asset Management House, Qatar” and “Best Deal, Qatar for Ooredoo US$1.25 billion five-year sukuk”.
The Asset Triple A Islamic Finance Awards 2014 Luncheon took place on Thursday 29th of May at the Diamond Ballroom, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
• QInvest sees exciting growth opportunities in Islamic finance sector in Turkey
• QInvest to participate in 9th Turkish-Arab Economic Forum in Istanbul on 28th and 29th May
• Participants from Paris Dauphine University visited Qatar in early May
• Series of meetings arranged with professionals from across renowned financial institutions
• Dr Ataf Ahmed to discuss ways to attract more international investors to Islamic financial markets
• QInvest recently launched a range of innovative products investing in a selection of global Sharia’a-compliant funds
QInvest, Qatar's leading investment bank and one of the most prominent Islamic financial institutions in the world, will be hosting an Islamic Finance Seminar in partnership with London Stock Exchange in London this Friday 16th May.
The seminar will bring together issuers to explore the opportunity for raising capital through Sharia’a compliant sukuk and Islamic finance.
The Islamic finance industry has been anchored by its most high profile global product - sukuk, which have not only been instrumental in the development of Islamic capital markets, but have also acted as a poster child for promoting Islamic finance to the international financial community.
QInvest, Qatar’s leading investment bank and one of the world’s most prominent Islamic financial institutions, is pleased to announce that it was named the “Most Respected Islamic Fund Manager in Qatar” by Acquisition International (“AI”) magazine.
Commenting on this achievement, Tamim Hamad Al-Kawari, QInvest CEO, said:“Islamic finance remains the fastest-growing area of finance across the world, and being among the most respected sharia’a-compliant fund managers as identified by Acquisition International magazine is an honour.
Bahrain-based Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI)'s Annual Sharia Conference gets underway in Bahrain today.
Being held under the auspices of the Central Bank of Bahrain, the two-day event will see experts convene at the Al Dana Ballroom, Gulf Hotel.
The conference will see discussions over eight panel sessions on key topics relevant to Islamic finance.
• Innovative Sharia’a compliant unitranche financing structure
• $45m refinancing with QInvest
• New strategic partnership
QInvest, Qatar's leading investment bank and one of the most prominent Islamic financial institutions in the world, hosted four Qatar Finance & Business Academy (“QFBA”) Kawader students in an intensive internship program as part of its CSR activities.